Western Power Distribution (WPD ) offer a Priority Service Register which our patients and other people in the community can register to join for free.
They explain below how the service works:
“Sometimes power cuts can happen for reasons beyond our control. We know this can be particularly worrying if you rely on electricity for medical equipment or if you are elderly, very ill or disabled. This is where the Priority Services register can help and it’s free to join. It helps us look after customers who have extra communication, access or safety needs. It also helps us tailor our services to support households who may need extra help. You can register free of charge here or you can call 0800 096 3080. If you decide to join WPD’s Priority Services Register, we can:
- Give you a direct number to call in a power cut, so you can get through straight away
- Agree a password with you before we visit so you feel safe
- Provide special help if needed through the British Red Cross
- Inform you in advance of planned interruptions to your electricity supply
- Keep you as informed as possible in the event of an unplanned power cut
Anyone self-isolating, as a result of the Coronavirus outbreak , should contact us in the event of a power cut and tell us the situation, even if they are not on the register. We can also be contacted via our website. We will then do our very best to help these customers during a power cut.
In the event of a power cut please call 0800 6783 105 or just dial 105″
This service is open to all patient of City Hospice so we would encourage you to register