Raising money for the City Hospice Donate a Day campaign means that you and your friend will be sponsoring a City Hospice Nurse to provide exceptional palliative care to families in need throughout Cardiff.
There are many ways to raise £150, have great fun and enjoy time with friends, family and colleagues, or whilst knowing you are making a difference:
- Get Baking – Why not hold a Bake Sale and ask friends at work to put their skills to the test by baking cakes, muffins and Welsh cakes, and then ask colleagues to make a donation for every item. Your employer may even match the money you raise meaning that you could fund two days of City Hospice care!
- Quiz Night – Your local pub, bar or social club would probably help with such an event, and you can raise funds by charging teams an entry fee and holding a raffle. The best way to promote an event is with social media and word of mouth amongst friends, neighbours and colleagues. Many people will have been touched by City Hospice, so asking for support can be easier than you think.
- Dinner Party with a difference – Invite friends to dress up and come around for dinner, and and suggest they donate £10-15 each to take part. The menu can be anything that works for you and your guests; fine dining to show off your culinary skills, a curry evening with new dishes to try or why not fish & chips! Spending time with good company is a great way to raise funds for City Hospice.
- Dress Down Day – yes it’s an oldie but a goodie. Ask your employer if you can arrange a dress down day at work, or you may already have such a scheme in place. Then ask colleagues to make a donation to City Hospice. The pound coins soon add up!
- Set up a Just Giving Page and set yourself a challenge – make this something personal to you; walking 10,000 a day for a month, trekking up Pen-y-Fan or taking on a marathon. Feel free to tell your story of why you are supporting City Hospice. And then use the power of social media to share your challenge with friends and family, and don’t forget to ask for support.
- Regular Giving – You could set up a regular monthly donation of £10 to City Hospice, over a year this will raise £120, which with Gift Aid (£30) comes to £150.
- Sell your unwanted items and donate the funds raised to City Hospice. Ebay allows you to donate a percentage of the items you sell on their site. Or why not hold a Car Boot Sale or use Facebook Marketplace.
- Use your hobby to fundraise – Are you a knitter, love crochet, making jewellery or carpentry? There are many ways that you can use your skills to raise funds, on websites such as Etsy, eBay and Facebook, or at local fetes and fairs.
A few more tips to raise £150 for City Hospice…
Remember to tell your story – why you are supporting City Hospice can really motivate your friends, neighbours, colleagues and family.
Gift Aid it
For applicable donations to City Hospice, we can claim an additional 25% on your donation at no extra cost to you. This is a great way to boost your fund raising efforts. T&Cs apply.
Please get in touch
If you would like to raise £150 to support Donate a Day, we would love to hear from you, and share your fundraising efforts on social media, and the City Hospice website.