Special thanks to Coles Funeral Directors for making #CreateShareRemember possible!
Coles Funeral Directors launched #CreateShareRemember to help give people an opportunity to #CelebrateLife and share a special photo within a big piece of art created by an award winning artist.
Coles Funeral Directors said:
” Share your treasured memories and help us raise essential funds for City Hospice! You’ve seen the hashtag, but what’s #CreateShareRemember all about?
We’ve teamed up our charity partner, City Hospice, and award-winning artist, Nathan Wyburn to create a project called, the ‘Bigger Picture’. This will see Nathan create a bespoke piece of art which will form a bright, colourful collage featuring pictures from our community.
We believe that it is important to celebrate life. So, we’re asking you to share a treasured memory and be part of Nathan’s latest artwork, joining the likes of Prince Charles, Mariah Carey, Dame Shirley Bassey, NHS key workers, and more in his famous collection.
Maybe you want to remember a dream holiday, a loved one, a day out with your pet, or even a Hen weekend? Whatever you choose, every memory submitted will feature in the ‘Bigger Picture’ and be publicly displayed in Bute Park, Cardiff, from Saturday 21 August”.
But to make sure you’re included all images will need to be received by Thursday 29 July 2021.
How does it work?
- Create – a new photo or use an old favourite
- Share – with us following your donation and post on social media to spread the word using the hashtags #CreateShareRemember and #CelebrateLife.
- Remember – join us from Saturday 21 August 2021 – 16th October 2021 to see your photo and the Bigger Picture in all its glory
Simply make a donation here to start the process and instructions of how to submit your image will follow via email.
What will my donation mean to City Hospice?
The team at City Hospice provide community palliative care to patients living in Cardiff diagnosed with Cancer, Dementia, Motor Neurone Disease (MND), Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) and other life-limiting illnesses.
Below are just a few ways of how your contribution can make a real impact:
- £20 pays for an hour of essential nursing care
- £30 helps cover the cost of one counselling session for patients and their loved ones
- £50 provides reflexology and complementary therapies to patients
- £100 would fund the running of the patient minibus for a whole month
- £150 provides a whole day of nursing care for patients with life-limiting illness
- £250 would help pay for group sessions supporting bereaved children.