Your Challenge, Your Distance, Your Hospice.
We’re looking for Hospice Heroes to support City Hospice during the New Year. You can take on a challenge of your choice to make a difference to many people and their families. The idea is simple – just choose an activity, set a goal, and get active. Whether it’s walking, dancing, running, or cycling, get active and fundraise for people living with life limiting illnesses in Cardiff. Gather your work colleagues and take on a challenge of your choice to make a difference to the community of Cardiff and their families.
Your challenge could be to run a marathon in a month, walk 10,000 steps a day for a period of your choice, run 5 or 10km. By taking on a personal challenge, you will be a true Hospice Hero helping to make the work of City Hospice possible.
Why stop there?
Our services are provided free of charge, meaning we need to raise more than £1.5m each year to ensure we can keep sending our nurses out in the local community. By raising awareness and fundraising can help us continue to care for patients with life-limiting illnesses, and their families, across Cardiff. Below we have plenty of ideas on how your workplace can support your local hospice!
- Run your own 5k or 10k, pick a date and location that is suited to you and make a donation to City Hospice. You could even set up a JustGiving page to accept sponsorship and track your run progress on Strava. Festive fancy dress is optional!
- Other endurance challenges – you could start your own squat or sit-up challenge, hold a plank for as long as you can or take part in a spinathon to raise money for City Hospice.
- Sign up to a sponsored skydive, wingwalk, or zipwire if you’re feeling particularly brave!
- If you’re part of a sports team/group, why not hold a charity match or tournament?
- Seeking adventure? Sign up to an overseas challenge or trek in 2023.
- Show off your baking skills with a coffee morning or bake sale.
- You could see if your local pub would be willing to host a charity quiz night, or you could host your own.
- If you have an eye for arts and crafts, you could organise to sell some handmade items and donate the proceeds.
Whatever you choose to do you’ll be a true Hospice Hero
Our Fundraising Team is always on hand to help you with your fundraising. If you would like to discuss any of these ideas or have an idea of your own, please contact Katie & Dafydd on email@example.com or call 02920 524 150 – we’d love to hear from you!
Don’t forget to share your pictures with us on social media, tag us in @cityhospice